Say cheese! Dr Patrick pulls a few tricks up his sleeve on the following topics so if you think you've heard it all on the topic of pet dental health, think again.
- How many people actively clean their pets’ teeth?
- Why on earth would we do such a thing?
- Are there some pets where teeth issues are more common than other dogs or cats?
- Is it too late to teach my older pet to accept me cleaning her teeth?
- What are signs of dental illness?
- What else can we do besides physically clean our pets teeth to prevent dental illness?
- Does fluoride in water have a positive impact on dental illness for pets?
Click below for the podcast audio file
February is National Pet Dental Health Month at Embrace Pet Insurance
Does Pet Insurance Cover Dental Cleanings and Illness?
Podcast: Dr Patrick Mahaney on Pet Dental Health
Guest Post: the importance of dental x-rays for your pets
Claim Example: traumatic injury to Bernese Mountain Dog tooth
An alternative to brushing your dog's teeth?
Other posts and podcasts by Dr Patrick Mahaney
Dr. Mahaney is a veterinarian from the University of Pennsylvania and a Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist, having been inspired by his own chronic pain from Intervertebral Disc Disease to provide accupuncture to his veterinary clients. In addition to Dr Mahaney's house call integrative veterinary medicine business, California Pet Acupuncture and Wellness, he sees patients on an in-clinic basis at Veterinary Cancer Group in Culver City, CA.
Dr Mahaney writes a veterinary column (Patrick's Blog) for www.PatrickMahaney.com and contributes to a variety of media, including Perez Hilton's TeddyHilton.com, Fido Friendly, Veterinary Practice News, Healthy Pets and People with Dr Patrick on OutImpactRadio.com, and MSNBC Sunday with Alex Witt and Career Day. His first book, The Uncomfortable Vet, will be available in 2013 through Havenhurst Books.