Yes, it's a few days in to the month (you can thank my vacation :)) but we're focusing on eye conditions this month.
Eye conditions aren't as common as some of the other of the big ticket items we often see but they are more common than you'd think. Some typical claims come from:
- Cataracts - cloudy eyes where the lens itself becomes cloudy. Often genetic in origin
- Cherry Eye - prolapsed inner eyelid. Often genetic in origin
- Corneal Ulcer - a wound on the surface of the eye, which can becaused by the conditions below as well as just injury to the eye
- Distichiasis and Ectopic Cilia- extra eyelashes that irritate the eye. Often genetic in origin
- Entropion - inward rolling of the eyelid. Often genetic in origin
- Glaucoma - increased pressure in the eye leading to blindness. Often genetic in origin
- Keratoconjunctivitis sicca (Dry Eye) - not enough tear product. Sometimes genetic in origin
We'll be focusing on some of these conditions month. Let me know if there's anything in particular you would like to learn about.
July is Eye Month at Embrace Pet Insurance
Claim Example: Cherry Eye in Koa, a Bulldog puppy
Cataract surgery claim example: Nala 2 yr old Papillon
Guest post: cherry eye treatment options
Guest Post: lens luxation in a Dalmation